Tax FAQ Series: What if my identity is stolen and a fraudulent tax return is filed?

If you have a question you would like featured on the blog, email

If your private information has been stolen or compromised, you can request an Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) from the IRS (and we recommend that you do so) as soon as you become aware that your information has been stolen. This pin will be required in order to process your tax return from that point forward and will assist in protecting your identity with the IRS. The website with instructions on how to request an IP PIN is as follows:

Have more questions? Call (480) 888-7111 today and a member of our friendly team can get you scheduled for a free consultation!