Should my 1099 income be reported to me personally or to my business?

If you receive income reported on Form 1099-MISC, then you’ll want to report that income under your “EIN” or tax ID number, not your social security number. If you end up with a 1099 that’s reported to you personally (to your social security number), then it can still be properly reported on your taxes, but the ideal is to have the 1099 information reported under the tax ID number of your business.

If you have more questions, call us today at (480) 888-7111 to schedule your free consultation.


Have a question you would like featured on our Tax FAQ Series? Contact [email protected]