Tax FAQ Series: When should a Form 1099-Misc be issued?

A 1099-Misc Form should be issued to Non-W-2 providers of services, including sole-proprietors, partnerships (including LLC’s that have elected to be taxed as partnerships), and independent contractors. However, you are not required to issue 1099-Misc forms to corporations, including “S” and “C” corporations. The due date for the form is generally January 31st of each year.

Have more questions? Call us today at (480) 888-7111 to schedule your free consultation.

Do you have a question you would like featured on our FAQ Series? Contact [email protected]