From the W2 Tag

Tax FAQ Series: When should a Form 1099-Misc be issued?

A 1099-Misc Form should be issued to Non-W-2 providers of services, including sole-proprietors, partnerships (including LLC’s that have elected to be taxed as partnerships), and independent contractors. However, you are not required to issue […]

Missing your W-2’s? – Here’s what the IRS Recommends

If you have not received your W-2, follow these three steps: 1. Contact your employer first. Ask your employer – or former employer – to send your W-2 if it has not already been […]