From the when to file a 1099 Tag

Tax FAQ Series: When should a Form 1099-Misc be issued?

A 1099-Misc Form should be issued to Non-W-2 providers of services, including sole-proprietors, partnerships (including LLC’s that have elected to be taxed as partnerships), and independent contractors. However, you are not required to issue […]